Avaya B179 SIP Conference Phone
The Avaya B179 SIP Conference Phone
Best suited for board rooms and large conference rooms with groups greater than 10 people, the B179 SIP Conference Phone helps improve employee productivity and collaboration between customers, partners and suppliers with features including:
• OmniSound® — powerful crystal clear sound to provide seamless productivity
• SIP based for powerful integration with Avaya Aura as well as third party networks, also supports PoE
• Web-based configuration to import/export contacts and settings
• A Conference Guide that easily helps you set up group calls with the touch of a button
• Optional expansion microphones that increase range (and number of participants) up to 750 sq ft
• SD-memory card to record your meetings and conference calls for playback or to archive for later use
• A Phone Book for quick access to your key contacts
• User profiles for storing personal contact details and settings
• Optional wireless headset connection and PA system to meet the sound requirements for larger groups
• Hold up-to 5-way conference calls
Crystal Clear Sound: Omnisound audio technology guarantees clear transmission during meetings – so you and your team don’t miss any part of the discussion. Full Duplex transmits and receives sound simultaneously to prevent audio clipping; 360° surround sound and powerful speakers optimize audio pick-up and broadcasting. Noise suppression filters cut static background noise and an equalizer lets you adjust pitch to suit your preference.
Plug and Play simplicity: Connect the Avaya B179 SIP Conference Phone to an Ethernet line (and to a power outlet if you don’t have Power over Ethernet PoE) and you are ready to go! It’s easy. Also included is a conference guide, perfect for making multi-party calls, and a handy phone book to store your key contacts.
Flexibility and Productivity Enhancing Features: Enhance web conferencing, video and other communications environments. The B179 SIP Conference Phone is a versatile high performer that complements your existing solutions, which can be easily redeployed as your business grows or as needs change.
• OmniSound® Wideband via USB.
• Omnidirectional microphone.
• Pick-Up Range: Up to 320 sq ft
> 10 people
• Speakers: frequency range:
• Volume: Max 90 db SPL 0.5 m
• Equalizer: soft, neutral and bright.
• Ethernet: RJ45 AUX (headset/PA): Modular 4/4
• Expansion microphones:
• Power over Ethernet IEE 802.3af
• Transformer: 100–240 V
AC/13.5 V DC
• Electrical safety: EN 60950-1:2006, ANSI/UL 60950-1-2002,
• CAN/CSA-C22.2, no. 60950-1-03 EMC/Radio: EN 301 489-3 V1.4.1 (2002-08),EN 301 489-1 V1.6.1 (2005-09), FCC Part 15 subpart B class A, FCC Part 15 subpart C, EN 300220-1:2000, EN 300220-2:2000 RoHS
• Phone book: < 1,000 entries per profile
• Export/import of contacts, Call list
• Support for LDAP external directory
• User profile: 4 profiles (password protected)
• Call groups: 20 groups.
• Supports SD memory cards up to
• Size: Diameter 240 mm, height 77 mm
• Weight: 2.2 lb
• Licorice black.
DISPLAY AND KEYPAD
• Display: Illuminated graphics LCD, 128x64PX (5×2,5 in).
• Keypad: Alphanumeric 0–9, *, on/R, off, mute, hold, volume up, volume down, 5 buttons for menu navigation, line (line mode), and conference guide.
AVAYA PLATFORM SUPPORT
• Avaya Aura (Communication Manager Rls 6.0.1 with Session Manager Rls 6.1)
• Avaya Communication Server 1000 Rls 6.0+
• Avaya IP Office Rls 7.0+
• Avaya Communication Manager Rls 5.0 and 5.2.1 with SES 5.2.1
• SIP 2.0, RfC3261 and companion RFCS
NETWORK AND COMMUNICATION
• Network addressing: DHCP and static IP
• NAT traversal: STUN, ICE and TURN
• Connection protocol: SIP 2.0
(RFC 3261 and companion RFCs)
• Transport: UDP, TCP, TLS and SIPS
• Security: 802.1x Authentification, SRTP and TLS
• Quality of Service: DiffServ, VLAN 802.1p/Q
• Audio support Codecs: G722, G711 A-law, G711 μ-law, G729ab
• DTMF tone generation: RFC, SIP INFO, In-band
• Time servers: NTP and SNTP Daylight saving: Configurable for automatic adjustments
CONFIGURATION AND PROVISIONING
• Configuration: Via integrated web server, HTTP or HTTPS
• Separate user and administrator login for secure configuration.
• Support for device management for easy configuration and updating of multiple conference phones.